CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Josie

So, I have been craving a Golden Retriever for about the past year. Since one of the first dogs I ever knew and loved was a Golden Retriever, they have always been a favorite of mine. Billy and I have only had Labs since we've known each other.

Anyway, I said that I wanted a Golden Retriever in 2009, after the fence is finished. Well, who got a dog right after Christmas (the same night we got home from Branson)? Not me. Billy. Now, I have to wait for one of the Labs to die before I can have my Golden Retriever. Anyway, Billy got a really great Lab who has been trained really well and is worth a lot. He is loving hunting with her and playing with her every day. He made me stand outside in the cold earlier to watch her retrieve. She is really smart and finds the training thing even in the dark and even when she doesn't see it get thrown. Like, Billy will throw one and send her to retrieve, while he throws another in a different direction without her knowing. Then, after she returns, he turns toward the direction he threw the other one and sends her to "hunt it up". She searches the scent and retrieves. Billy is in love.

Anyway, here is a video Billy shot of her retrieving the other day while they were calling ducks to their death. The "duck" on the left is obviously a mojo (wings spinning to attract ducks from the air). So, a whole blog dedicated to Billy's new pride and joy, love of his life...


0 comments: