CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

So Sick of It...

Warning: I just read what I typed below, and it's really, really dull and more like a private journal entry full of rambling. You can just ignore it, but I don't want to erase it because I don't have time to keep an actual written journal.

The girls are both still sick. I just got done cleaning up a diarrhea mess from Natalie - second time today (well, it's early in the day). I've been up since before 5 a.m., because Olivia came in and threw up in our bed. Billy was already getting ready for work. Anyway, then she said that there was diarrhea in her room. Natalie was sleeping on Olivia's floor, with a good pillow sham covering a spot next to her. She had diarrhea and covered it with that. Also, I found a HUGE diarrhea mess in the bathroom floor.

Parker is well, now. He went with Gigi and Grandpa to OKC yesterday and had a good time and behaved well. The girls and I painted cards for Daddy, because I didn't feel much like doing anything else (house stuff). I took care of a couple business things that didn't require too much effort.

Anyway, Olivia will be missing another day of school (missed Friday and yesterday). Parker will have to get to "school" (Mom's Day Out) later this morning.

I have no idea how everything (finishing some organizing projects and cleaning) is going to get done around the house before next Monday. I have to have stuff ready by then and be caught up on everything business-wise by then, because I want to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving week with my family. Well, Monday will be spent editing the senior session and portrait party I have scheduled over the weekend. Then, Olivia's teacher will be coming to our house for our little meeting. Then, I think I can do a quick clean Tuesday and finish editing and just enjoy the arrival of family for our fun Thanksgiving festivities. (Yeah...that's the plan. It's not likely it will go quite like that. There will most likely be some stressing going on and some last-minute rush to complete my projects.)

I really should work on all positive, full-of-gratitude blogs for a couple weeks - in honor of the Thanksgiving season. I really am thankful for so much, I just tend to use the blog to vent my negative energies.

Today, I had an aggressive plan on my schedule, but that will be altered now that I know I have Olivia home another day and both girls creating additional cleaning chores for me throughout the day. At least I'll have a few hours with Parker out of the house. Maybe the girls can just watch a princess movie while Parker is gone, and I can do some cleaning then. I've got to work on some personal budget stuff and make a few changes to some business stuff.

I keep forgetting to mention a few Parker things, and now I've forgotten several I wanted to include.

He's counting well, and his favorite song is "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", which he sings with such emotion. Uggh...I can't remember what he said last week that I really wanted to remember. It was so cute and smart. He's so sweet. He's so stubborn. He's so completely adorable - most of the time.

I was wrong about Olivia and Parker not understanding that Uncle Johnny was gone and they wouldn't see him on earth again. I think the fact that Parker ended up at the funeral was a good thing. They haven't once said anything about going to Johnny's house when we go that direction. Friday, Parker stopped playing and walked over to me and said, "Mama, is Johnny really all dead?" I told him yes, and he said, "Oh", in a really sad way. Then, he said, "No. He's not dead. He's not." He said it like an adult says it when you just don't want to accept something like that. I don't know what made him stop and think about it right then. About a week and a half ago, I was driving the kids around, and I turned down the road in front of the building where Johnny worked, and I started to look over to see if his car was there. It always takes a while to adjust to someone missing.

Parker is watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse right now, and it's so cute watching him interact with the show. Now, I'm smiling.

0 comments: