CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lay It On Me

The air is thick with stress in our house.

I don't feel good. Parker is getting over the sickness (upset stomach). Olivia is throwing up tonight, so I'm up with her and not feeling too stable in my stomach myself - as I'm cleaning up her throw up every once in a while. The laundry is completely piled up - as usual.

Billy is sick with a cold thing, and he's no fun when he's sick: "Hello, Mister Cranky, I believe we've met before." Tuesday night, after a really, really, really horrible day with the kids, Billy didn't even get home from work until 8:00 p.m. I hate the hours he's working now.

I am having to make a few changes/additions to my business stuff this week (has to be done by tomorrow), and that takes so much time and is so, so, so hard to do with the kids here. I have so many things backing up, and too many things are high on the priority list. There simply isn't enough time in a day for me to accomplish all of the priorities I have right now.

This week, Olivia didn't have school on Wednesday, because the school's water was going to be shut off for something that day. Also, Parker missed his "school" on Tuesday, because of the sickness.

I guess I'm going to do a little garage sale Saturday, and then I'll do the 3-day thing in a few weeks. I just need to start getting rid of some of it now. I'll just pull out everything I can get the chance to set up Friday night, and we'll go with that for Saturday. I had already blocked off this weekend for the sale, so I should go ahead and use Saturday for that.

The kids continue to destroy their toys, clothes, shoes, etc. They take stuff outside and leave it there to be ruined. Parker actually likes things to be clean and organized, but you wouldn't be able to tell that by his behavior much of the time lately. The girls are awful about packing things for camping trips and ruining all of my hard work to have things organized. It takes the kids minutes to destroy work that takes me a long time to set up and clean properly. I'm so sick of it. They are not getting ANY toys from us for Christmas. Santa is bringing one toy for each of them, along with a note that explains his dissatisfaction with their lack of respect and care for the things with which God has blessed them.

Completely overwhelmed with the lack of time, lack of money, lack of energy, and lack of respect.

It's really, really unfair that moms don't get the privilege of taking sick days, and if we absolutely can't function and have to take a little time out, we have 3 times the work to do when we're feeling better. Where's my nanny, chef, chauffeur, maid, personal assistant, and business manager?

Thanks for listening. I'll try for an upbeat blog next time.

0 comments: