CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Copy Cat

Every time we go through a drive-thru, Parker repeats everything I say as I order.

I took him to Sonic for Happy Hour after Mom's Day Out. Of course, the girls are still sick, so they got Sprite. Natalie wanted a grilled cheese sandwich, so I got her one and just let her eat half of it for now. Parker wanted a chocolate milkshake.

So, I say, "I'd like 2 small Sprites." Parker says loudly, "I'd like 2 small Sprites." I say, "...a small chocolate milkshake..." Parker says, "...a small chocolate milkshake..." I say, "...one grilled cheese sandwich..." He says, "...one grilled cheese sandwich..." I say, "...and a large Diet Dr. Pepper." Parker says, "...and a large Diet Dr. Pepper."

The woman repeats the order and gives the total. I say, "Thank you." Parker says, "Thank you."

A minute later, I said to Parker, "You've got to stop copying everything I say when I order." He gives his so adorable little smirky smile. A few minutes later, I was watching him in the mirror behind me, and I said, "I'm going to start repeating everything you say, like you do to me." It took him only about 1 second, and he looked at me in the mirror like a dare to go ahead and copy what he said. He said, "pee-pee". Clever little cutie.

Finally, Parker's birthday package from Aunt Janell arrived today. It was mailed on the 3'rd, and he just got it today. I wonder where it's been all this time. He loves the gifts, and the girls loved their little surprises, too.

0 comments: