CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Project

This past weekend, I completed (almost) a project that others can actually see. Usually, I work really hard on projects, and the results are not always visible to others (like business stuff and some "behind-the-scenes" or "behind-closed-doors" kinds of organization).

I moved all of my office stuff to Parker's old room and moved all of his stuff to his new room. I painted his new room and hung some of his artwork.

I will be taking a vintage map to the frame shop later this week, as well as getting frames for two photographs of Parker that will hang on the wall above his bed. Also, I will be putting his saying that I made for him onto another board that will be framed and hung on the wall above his bed. I still have to re-paint all of the trim work, too. Then, I need to get the wood blinds for his window.

I need to complete his closet organization. It's so funny looking in his closet and then walking into Nat's room and looking at her closet completely full of clothes and accessories. A boy's room is sooooooo much easier (no purses, pantyhose/tights, tons of panties, slips, dozens of belts, church dresses, regular dresses, dress-up dresses, summer dresses, undershirts, sweaters for every fall/winter outfit, church coats, regular coats, play coats, all kinds of hats for all occasions, other winter accessories...........). Plus, Parker has less memorabilia to store.

I think I accomplished quite a bit over the weekend. Billy moved the bed for me, but I did everything else. There was a ton of office stuff to move out. (I also went out of town for a photography project.) Anyway, here is what it looks like so far: (I'll post good images when it's all completed.)



The wall art saying and two black-and-white photos of Parker will go above the bed here.


I didn't have the red sheet on the pull-out bed in this one. I also still have to paint his step stool.


There's a kitten under the horse.


Un-organized closet. I'll finish it later this week.


Wood blinds coming soon.



The wooden model airplane is suspended. Don't know if you can tell in this pic.



Blank wall where the big vintage map will go.

0 comments: