CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Story of Olivia Pig

So, I went to Wal-Mart late last night to get some material to make Olivia's costume for school. After I waited and got several different fabrics cut, I found an adorable dress in the kid's section that looks a lot like Olivia Pig's dress on the cover of the Olivia book. So, I got the dress. We had pig ears left over from the pig birthday breakfast party for my sister Leah, more than 9 years ago (on my wedding anniversary actually - and I'll just leave that story at that). So, I just took those pig ears off the headband they were on and hot glued them to a black headband. I didn't do a nose for Olivia.

Anyway, it was so much easier and less time-consuming than making the opera singer costume or ballerina costume that Olivia wears in the book. It was good enough, considering the short notice and during such a crazy busy week as this. Olivia was happy with her new dress and the pig ears and the braids.





0 comments: