CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

In This Corner...


Poor Baby! (09/12/08)

Apparently, Parker was walking around the outside of the net on the trampoline (naughty), and Olivia pushed him off (naughty). He fell onto a sharp, jagged broken piece of the white column that broke when Joe and Billy were helping to break down my booth last weekend. (Not sure why the piece of column found its way back out of the trash and over by the trampoline, but I have a good guess.) Anyway, it could have killed him or hurt him much, much worse than it did.

We still think he may have broken his nose, even though he didn't get black eyes. It still looks not normal to us on the right side. Hopefully, it's just from the swelling still. He bit a big cut in his tongue, but it's been healing really quickly over the past couple of days.

I couldn't stand to look at him when he came in with blood coming out of his nose and his mouth and crying and hurting. It just made me cry every time I looked at him, and I was so afraid that his perfect little nose was ruined, because it swelled up right away and looked crooked toward the right. His upper lip also swelled up a lot right away, and it looked like a little bird beak.

We were on our way to take him to the hospital, but we stopped by to show Ninny and Papa, and by then, we decided that he would probably be okay without going in. He fell asleep after some Tylenol. He didn't act nearly as sore as we thought he would the next day.

He's a tough little guy.

I've got to get him in for his regular checkup anyway, so I'll have the doctor take a good look at his nose at that time and make sure there's no damage to his nasal septum. I really don't want him to have breathing problems the rest of his life because of this.

Oh...I also forgot to blog about another finding. Last month, I discovered that Parker has congenital trigger thumb (bilaterally). Same thing Natalie had on the right thumb. It's pretty rare, and it only occurs bilaterally in 30% of the cases, I think. Anyway, he'll have to have the same surgery Natalie did.

Our poor babies - such a mess. (Poor us and all of the stress that comes with these poor babies, but I know it could be much, much worse.)

0 comments: