CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

The Glass is Empty!

My hard drive completely crashed - on my newest computer...the one I use for all of my business activity! Most everything was backed up, but there were a few projects that couldn't be backed up and were only on a certain program on that hard drive.

Also, my last session from Saturday was not backed up, but I still have the images on the card. I just don't have any of the ones I started editing last night after the session. I was too tired to get very far - and apparently too tired to do my back up immediately! Big mistake.

I'm the most sick over some documents I created Friday for which I have no hard copy or back up. I spent so many hours Friday and Saturday morning working on several important documents that I can't just re-create in the same form and as well as I did originally. I put so much thought into the wording, and I worked so hard to have it all just right. I don't even want to think about it.

I'm calling the Geek Squad in the morning. I'm holding out a little hope that they may be able to help. I can't accept that I've lost it all.

My whole album design for the marketing project that I was ready to finish up this week is gone - unless the Geek Squad can perform a miracle. I had hours invested in the design of that. I'm so sick.

So, please pray for a miracle. Hopefully, somewhere near, there is a "geek" getting a good night's sleep, who will wake up and eat his Wheaties or Shredded Wheat (or peanut butter like my mom always had me eat before a test at school), and he (or she) will be ready to take on the task of attempting to retrieve my files from the crashed drive.

Pray.

0 comments: