CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quick Update

Yesterday was Mom's Day Out, and it was Parker and Olivia's second time there. Olivia started crying, so she made Parker cry. I just had to leave quickly. They loved it after they were there.

When I picked them up, they had made drawings of them (the teacher traced around them on the big paper). When we were walking to the car, Olivia told me she sang the Hokey Pokey, and it was really cute how she did it. Oh, when I walked into the room to pick them up, Parker wasn't wearing any pants, and he was wearing a Pull-Up. The teacher said that they were getting ready to eat snacks, and they looked over to see Parker just turning around from the window, where he had pulled his little boy part out the top of his pants and peed into the window alcove. So, his pants got wet. I had planned to head straight to Wal-Mart with them (for my second trip of the day for organizational bins, etc.), and I couldn't really go in with a boy in just his shirt. Anyway, bad-Mama points for me, because I just let Parker's pants air out on the way to Wal-Mart and then put them back on him, so I didn't have to go all the way back home and then go out again to get what I needed.

*Note: Parker is such a stinker lately. It's so much worse when he's with Olivia, too. Next year, we'll finally be out of the stage of having a 2-year-old and 3-year-old at the same time. It's been a few years in a row of having 2-year-olds and 3-year-olds around (Natalie, then Natalie and Olivia, then Olivia and Parker, then we'll be down to just Parker when he turns 3, with no 2-year-old also), so it will probably seem a little strange and wonderful at the same time.*

Anyway, later that evening, Olivia headed toward Parker's room, and when I went to check on her, I found her in the hallway with one of Parker's teddy bears. She was using a piece of chalk to trace the bear on a piece of paper. I snapped a quick pic. It was really cute.

I'm working on a whole different organizational system for the house, with major changes to how some of the kids' things are stored, and it's going to make life much easier for me with them at this stage. They just have soooooooooo much stuff. I'm getting rid of even more. It seems like I'm always getting rid of toys and clothes, and then the ones left just multiply x 3 in a day. Anyway, I'm trying to work on the new system in between "breaks" from working on the business. Maybe I'll post details on the new system sometime. It makes me happy to be back to organizing and rearranging when I can, and of course it's fun to buy new organizational units/gadgets. :)

I've got a little session tomorrow afternoon, then two more this weekend, and some more soccer pic orders to deliver, so I'm not sure when I'll do catch-up blogging. I'm still behind on some business stuff , then on top of that I'll be back to editing/posting photos after this weekend.

I've been sick since last week, and so far the kids are okay (just allergy stuff for them). I've got fluid in my chest, plus the cough/fever stuff. The aches only lasted a couple days, so I've been able to function just fine. Good thing...since I don't get sick days.

I will make sure to have a quick update tomorrow about Olivia. She is at the ER right now getting her wrist checked. Apparently, Natalie pushed her off of the railing thing and into the ditch. I was gone doing some portable studio light stuff, so Billy had to wait until I got home to take her. Olivia is already scheduled for her audiology appt. and then her checkup after that tomorrow. So, she's really going to love it that she gets to go to 3 doctors in a row (tonight and in the morning). It's hard to say if her wrist is broken, because she's quite dramatic. Hopefully, it's a minor sprain.

Here's the pic of Olivia tracing the bear:


0 comments: