CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The glass is half full...

I don't have any photos to post or anything cute from the kids' sayings lately. (Even though they've said some cute things.)

I've just been researching and thinking and re-working some marketing stuff (new logo coming soon to my website and already on some of my new marketing materials). I have so much to think about and work on all the time just with the business alone (stuff that other people can't even see are being done).

I have major studio "envy" when I see some of the totally decked out studios that some have. I have tons of great ideas for my someday studio, and I have to make myself stop thinking about it so much. I decided tonight that I probably don't want the expense and additional time-consuming and money-consuming responsibilities that come along with having a downtown studio space of my own right now. I've decided to look at the positives of my business situation and just focus on continuing to better the areas of my business that I can right now (i.e., marketing materials, product presentation, etc.). Plus, I'm working toward certification and building on my skills. So, a downtown studio is probably only something I want to undertake if I win the lottery. :)

I really, really want the building near our house that was up for sale a few years ago, when we didn't know what we could use it for at the time, since I had no idea I wanted to pursue the business side of photography at that time. It's not for sale now, and there is a small business using it. They renovated, and it looks great and would be perfect (PERFECT) for me. I'm sure if they decide to sell, they will ask way more than it would be worth for me.

I think I'm rambling, but it's just because I needed to "talk" things out to make myself feel better and remind myself of the full part of the glass.

I have a family session tomorrow evening, and I'm excited about it. They are the contest winner from my May Free Session Contest, and they've never had family portraits done. We're shooting in a location full of opportunity. I love my job! (This is way more fun than radiology transcription - even though that was way more easy money and much less effort.)

Okay. This blog was mostly for myself, I think. I feel better.

0 comments: