CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Tattle-Tell

When Jeremy and I were probably almost 4 or almost 5, right at Christmas time, all of the family was gathered at our house. Jeremy and I were playing at the end of the hallway (well, the part where the L-shaped hallway turned), and he begged me to tell him what Grandma (now Gigi to the young grandkids) and Grandpa had gotten him for Christmas. I said that I wouldn't tell him, because he would just tattle on me and get me in trouble. He pleaded and PROMISED that he wouldn't tell. Of course, I told him. I think it was a watch (Superman or something). Right after I told him, he looked down at what we were playing, paused a minute, and then told me he would be right back. I knew he was tricking me and going to go tell on me. I begged him not to go into the kitchen where the women were talking. I remember running after him and getting sooooo mad when he rushed in there and told. I also remember sitting by the fireplace after I got in trouble, and my brother-in-law, Jim, said something like, "Hmmm, I guess you shouldn't have told, huh? I guess you'll learn and not fall for that again." I was so mad.

Well, Sunday, I was helping Nat get her play clothes together to go to Gigi's with Olivia while Billy and Parker and I went to pick up some stuff at Lowe's. She whispered to me what Gigi got her Daddy and me for Christmas. I told on her. I guess she'll learn her lesson.

0 comments: