CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Cookies

All three of the kids got to make and decorate Christmas cookies with Gigi (my mom) Wednesday afternoon. It was originally going to be just the girls, but as a result of a series of boring-blog-content events I'll not include, it worked out that Parker went also. I stayed and took some pics and tried to get some Christmas music recorded on my composing piano while the kids decorated. I didn't get much done, because it was too hard to focus.

Gigi's oven was messed up for some reason, so she had to carry the cookies over to the other house to bake them. A few of them got burned, because we didn't wait in the other house while they baked.

The kids did a really good job with the cookies. Parker was very serious about his cutting out the cookies and frosting and decorating them. He clapped after each one just a little bit and then moved on to the next. The girls wore their aprons that Gigi made for them, but Parker doesn't have an apron, so he just went shirtless. He actually didn't even make a big mess decorating like I thought he might. I didn't get a photo of all of the finished cookies on the tray, but they were really pretty (and yummy).


Playing in the flour.

Serious Cookie Cutting.

Serious Frosting (with sun in his eyes).




Some of the first ones. The finished product looked really pretty. I just didn't get a chance to take a photo of the full tray before they started being eaten.

0 comments: