CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

What Happens in Vegas...Mostly.

I don't have time to post everything about Vegas in one entry. I'll post a few pics here and there over the next couple weeks, probably.


There were a couple highlights from the trip. Overall, I had a good time. There was one especially bad night and one especially good night, so I guess it evened out. I learned a lot about the best way to travel around the strip and the best places to eat and stay. My next trip will be better.

I only got to see my niece, Cristina, one time...just after we arrived in our room. We went down to meet her and her boyfriend and some friends for just a little while. We kept expecting to get together for dinner and some shows, etc., but it just never happened. We weren't able to coordinate our activities well enough. It takes a long time to get from one end of the strip to the other, unless you take a taxi every time, which is more expensive and only worth it when trying to reach a show in time.

We saw the Phantom on our last night there - kind of a last-minute decision. It was so good. The sets are spectacular. I cried. One of my roommates in college was obsessed with The Phantom of the Opera, and she played the soundtrack all the time. I hadn't heard all of the music since college. Music is so powerful.

I missed out on a few places that I really wanted to visit. There were some things that I've seen on Travel Channel a bunch, and I knew I wanted to see them in person there, but it didn't happen this trip. It will be nice to have Billy with me the next time I go.

Anyway, here are a few photos to get started. I didn't get to take as many as I wanted to, but I will next time. It was a lot of guess the metering and point and shoot. I did have an extra lens with me, but it was hard to take the time to change out every time I wanted to. It also would have been nice to have a perspective control lens with me for some of the buildings.

Oh, I'll try to backtrack and post 4th of July stuff this next week, also. I'm so far behind on stuff for the business. I just finally posted the gallery from last Friday's session before I left. Then, I have a session Sunday evening, and I'm trying to finish updating my program with my new pricing and packages, and I have a deadline set for next Friday for a big project. So, I'll do my best to keep a little something interesting coming to the posts.








0 comments: