CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Kittens

The kittens arrived on tax day (15th). Five of them. I won't go into details, but Olivia and I got to watch the last two as they were born. Chicken is such a good little mama. I know she's tired, and she is having a lot of pain in her uterus still. You can tell she's hurting when she gets out of the box to stretch when the babies are all asleep. If she stretches her tummy too much, she hurts. Also, when she gets her tummy bumped even slightly, it hurts her. I hope it's normal for her to still be so sore.

Anyway, the kids have been really good about leaving the babies alone. Chicken's plastic bin (one of those drawers for portable storage units that I use for shoes under Olivia's bed) is right behind the sofa table in the living room. She wanted to be near us.

So, Natalie missed the live birth, but I got the last one on video and she watched it. It was so cute when Billy got home that day. As soon as he walked in the door, Parker said, "Come on, Daddy. Come see Chicken. Come see the baby kitties." It was precious. He was so excited to show Daddy the new babies.

0 comments: