CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 19, 2008

Play It Again, Sam.

I have a bunch of stuff to blog about and no time to do it. I'll post a few video clips and some other stuff when I can.

Tidbits I might talk more about soon:

Natalie auditioned for a play earlier this week, and she got a part and is excited to be in her first production. She announced to me on the way home from the read-thru that she just might add director to the list of things she will be when she grows up. (Currently the list contains: veterinarian, artist, model, actress, doctor, and now director. I think there's one I'm missing, but I don't have time or energy or brain power to think of it right now.)

It was really funny at the play auditions. Natalie was the youngest, with one other girl her age there. The people auditioning were supposed to say a little monologue, memorized scripture, poem, etc. Some of the big kids (like 5th and 6th grade) had the funniest auditions (funny, like really, really bad). One 5th grader got up there and with zero expression said, "Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are, up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky." That was it. The other girl Natalie's age said a two-line little prayer-type thing, like, "Thank you for this food, Amen."

Natalie recited "Time to Rise" by Robert Louis Stevenson. "A birdie with a yellow bill hopped upon my windowsill, cocked his shiny eyes and said, 'Ain't you shamed, you sleepy head?' " She used her hop motion on the windowsill part and pointy finger motion when the bird spoke. She did a good job for her first audition - at 5 years old - especially compared to the much older kids who also auditioned.

Two of my last-minute client Christmas orders did not arrive today, as planned, so we are postponing leaving for our trip until Sunday. Hopefully, the shipments will arrive early tomorrow, so I can wrap up business stuff early in the day. I just want to be able to enjoy the trip, but I'm already thinking about everything I have to take care of for the business as soon as we get back. It's never-ending, of course.

I got a root canal last week. Yea! My mouth is so expensive.

Natalie did so well with her reading yesterday during school that it made me cry. (Happy cry.) She is doing so much better with the reading just recently.

I can't think of a few things I wanted to put in the blog. Darn.

We just got back from Ninny and Papa's house, where the kids opened Christmas presents. The girls are spending the night there, so it's just Billy, me, and Parker here. I'll wrap the kids' presents when Parker goes to bed in a little bit. I have to hide the Santa packages in a trash bag when we pack up.

We got a Wii from Ninny and Papa, so now Natalie can play at our house, too. She really is good at the sports games.

Oh, we had an almost crisis a couple days ago. It looked like we had a leak under the foundation, but it turned out to be a little, weird thing that didn't cost a whole lot to fix, but it did take one whole day to take care of it.

Probably a more exciting blog next time. I have presents to put away from tonight's opening and more presents to wrap for next week.

0 comments: