CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Vegas Bound - Again.

So, I leave tomorrow morning for Las Vegas - once again. Vegas wasn't even anywhere near my list of places I wanted to visit before I died, and here I am going for the second time in about 8 months. It's hard to turn down a free trip - and helping out a friend who is truly going through a really difficult time. We plan on taking our time more this trip and hitting several spots that we wanted to see last time and didn't get to.

I cashed in my change bank yesterday, and I had about $60, so that's it for all of my meals. I'm so glad we found the cheaper eating place on our last morning in Vegas the last trip. We'll be there every day this time.

I've been working really hard the past few weeks. I've also just completed a month of no eating out (with the exception of a lunch with my in-laws after a funeral recently - paid for by my in-laws). I have actually prepared food (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert) every single day. That is a humongous feat for me. I also spent NO money on anything but groceries for several weeks. The break in that occurred the day we took Natalie's story up to the City, and I had to buy Parker a cookie and drink at McDonald's, because Natalie got to go with Gigi and Grandpa, and he didn't (sad boy). Also, yesterday, I went shopping for a couple things I needed for my trip (another bra and other necessities like that).

It feels so good to be taking good care of the family and our finances. Groceries are expensive for a family of 5 who is home all of the time - except for Daddy!

Anyway...

Chicken is about to pop, but if she doesn't start labor in a few hours, she'll end up stuck with Billy as her "midwife" through this delivery. I hope she can hold out until I get back.

I'm busy making lists for Billy for while I'm gone, and I'm trying to explain everything and show him where stuff is set up for certain things, but I don't know if he's really listening. I know they'll all survive without me, but I want it to run smoothly and "properly".

The girls each have their first soccer game scheduled on Saturday, and I'll miss them. I can't believe that. Billy will be busy that day.

I'll be super duper extremely crazily busy when I return Monday afternoon. It's a really, really busy week - and I have to do taxes in the midst of it. So, I'll probably get a quick blog in when I return, and then there won't be a whole lot until after that next weekend, probably. We'll see.

Wish me luck.

0 comments: